Sr. Mgr. Product Planning
Location: San Diego, CA
Posted: December 10, 2016
SUMMARY: The Senior Manager, Product Planning, is responsible for defining product concepts and securing placement for products with our North American wireless carrier customers through trade shows, presentations, and the RFP process. Since the product must be supported by the correct services and solutions, this individual will also support internal and 3rd party partnerships in developing the overall product offering. By taking a leadership role in evaluating and analyzing mobile technology and market trends and aligning communication equipment and solution plans, this person will ensure that Kyocera retains a leadership position in delivering Rugged Mobility Solutions today and in the future. This position will best fit a dynamic and results-oriented senior product professional that can lead cross-functional teams and represent Kyocera Products internally and externally. Knowledge of mobility solutions and experience interacting with wireless service providers is highly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or Engineering or equivalent experience or Master’s degree in related field preferred
- 5-7 years of Experience in one or several of the following areas: Product Management, Product Engineering, Product Marketing, Business Development or Strategic Planning
- Comprehensive knowledge of consumer electronics, the wireless communications industry and new wireless technologies
- A high level of interaction with both customers and internal organizations (product development, advanced technology, service and sales teams) is required for success.
- Possess industry and product knowledge and consultative selling skills
- Solid knowledge of carrier enterprise solution platforms
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint
- Salesforce.com experience a plus
- International business experience and understanding of the Japanese culture a plus
- Gathers, synthesizes and communicates market requirements including technology roadmaps, competitive analysis, customer and consumer requirements and customer segmentation
- Scopes and defines new product concepts, customer candidates and categories
- Takes a leadership role in driving new technology inflection points into the roadmap
- Creates and maintains three-year roadmap
- Helps determine business case and product feasibility
- Develop solutions partnership and strategy to increase the selection of Kyocera devices for business and government customers that require solutions & services integrated with Kyocera products.
- Ensures product roadmap / portfolio supports corporate financial and market share objectives
- Builds and maintains product and technology roadmaps that supports corporate growth, profitability, and tiering objectives
- Evangelizes new product concepts both internally and externally
- Establishes operational objectives and work plans, and delegates assignments to other team members
- Works with Engineering, Procurement, Marketing and Sales to understand new technologies and how they will play across product portfolio
- Works with Market Research on validating technology ramps, market analysis and impact to portfolio vs. competition
- Works to understand carrier requirements at high level and impact to business case and product portfolio
- Leads assessment and technical analysis of market information provide by market research group
- Apply specialized knowledge of the customer’s business and platform requirements to guide Kyocera planning and engineering teams through solution design
- Supports customer RFPs including roadmap information and content as well as technology roadmap
- Interface with customers, internal technical and marketing resources to develop customer-specific solutions and implement post-launch support.
- Engages and builds strong alliances with the Executive Team, Engineering, Marketing and Sales