Kyocera prides itself on making rugged devices for business and consumers that face some of today’s harshest environments and situations. I think it’s safe to say that the U.S. military faces some of the toughest and most brutal conditions in the world—from extreme heat and dust to sand, blowing rain and wind. It’s for this very reason that we are heading to The Armed Forces Communications and Electronics Association Show West (AFCEA) this week in our own backyard here in San Diego.
AFCEA is the premier conference and exposition of its kind on the West Coast, and brings together military and industry leaders with technology providers to network, demonstrate and discuss technology solutions that can assist our military. The show, which is attended by more than 7,000 professionals in the U.S. Navy, Marine Corps and Coast Guard, will feature speakers including the Pacific Command and Pacific Fleet commanders, the U.S. Fleet Forces commander, Systems Command commanders and local three-star commanders.
Kyocera will have a booth at this year’s AFCEA West (booth #549) in an effort to learn more about the military’s unique needs for mobile solutions, and to educate this important group of influencers about the power of our rugged-device lineup and key attributes that can help them be more effective on the job. Kyocera’s rugged lineup includes:
- Offering certified IP68 and Military Standard 810G protection from hazards including water, drops, vibrations, extreme temperatures and much more
- Eliminating the need for a protective case saving money on accessories and preventing damage from a drop or accident
- Providing certified Hazardous Location protection (Non-incendive, Class I, Division 2) for use in work environments where concentrations of flammable gases, vapors or mists are not normally present in an explosive concentration (but may actually exist)
- Leading security features including Android for Work, biometric fingerprint authentication, FIPS 140-2 validated cryptographic module (includes AES 128/192/256) with NSA Suite B security, and Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) APIs to allow flexibility in defining restrictions and configurations
- Supports advanced Virtual Private Network (VPN), Secure Boot, TrustZone® for Trusted Execution Environment (TEE) and leading EMM solutions
- Affordable and available off the shelf from the nation’s leading wireless service providers
- Designed with Push-To-Talk (PTT) in mind, including a large side button, extra loudspeakers and 3240mAh long-lasting battery
- Support for LMR (Land Mobile Radio) interoperability, complementing existing networks
- Support for a full ecosystem of app solutions and accessories to accommodate the needs of the military, including MDM (mobile device management) solutions
We look forward to a successful and productive week at AFCEA West, as well as sharing some recent successes we’ve had in the public safety arena with our partners like Blueforce Development and Visual Labs. If you are at the show please stop by the Kyocera booth (#549) to learn more about how our rugged devices can help our military be more efficient, productive and safe, or follow us on Twitter (@KyoceraMobile).